Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by Otter6
Hell yes Jerry. Bring it on. Unless we want to start a freaky buck thread. Your call my friend. I'm ready to get jacked up for deer season! Drew a long awaited tag in Colorado this year. Living the dream. Honestly,it was your big 8 in another thread that prompted me to start this one.

Like I said, this is a Freakish buck I killed in 2016. He's NOT an 8 but the MOST freak deer I've ever killed.

[Linked Image]

I was walking to my truck to go hunting just breaking daylight (legal hours). I was in my backyard and this buck was with another smaller buck and a Doe. I had my M Six 06 (606) & my shooting sticks in my hands. This is the ONLY buck I have seen TWICE since hunting here in 2012.
I saw this one in Oct and named him Freak.

I could see deer with my naked eye but got on the sticks and thru the scope. I identified Freak and shot HI shoulder. DRT That is where he fell. - little humor - My wife was up and in the bathroom when I shot -- just outside the window-- I went back in the house and asked,
Are you awake ? She said, I am NOW!!

Here are 2 better views of him.

[Linked Image]

That is a gore wound NOT a gun shot. I probed it and it was 2-3" deep. Fighting.

I used this barrel to prop his head up for the pic. He weight + 170 # . He had a sticker on EACH antler that made him 7 pts.
His left antler showed no sign of injury UNLESS during velvet ? I dunno. He was not a young deer, genetically deficient. I am glad to remove him from the breeding pool.

[Linked Image]

Jerry

Thank god.

I figured "FREAKISK buck" was your nickname for your junk.