Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Originally Posted by herschel34

Doug- did Leupold make any changes to the VX-5HD compared to earlier models? Seems like they have had lot of complaints about not holding zero. I’ve been a big Leupold fan in the past as they are lightweight and good optics. I’ve never had a problem with them, but the reports of others causes concern

I have reached out to my Leupold rep in order to get an accurate answer as to whether or not they have altered the VX-5HD since introduction and if so in what specific ways

Doug, I think a lot of us would like those questions answered. Solid reassurance, not marketing B.S. I wonder if Leupold will admit they have a problem.

I write off nay sayers in general, but listen to those I really respect. Some of the complaints I'm hearing come from reputable guys. I believe them.

Personally, I've not had problems with Leupolds. But, like many, share concerns about trust. CS is great, but not an asset out on a hunt.

DF

I’m interested in this as well. I’ve had Leupolds on all my serious hunting rifles in the past.

I’ve also enjoyed seeing all the suggestions thus far. I do like the Swarovski scopes based on being lightweight and good optics. Never thought I’d take this much time choosing a scope but I’ve been trolling around here long enough to here complaints on just about any scope manafacturer.

What’s it that they say.....”Paralysis by analysis” 😁

Last edited by herschel34; 08/17/18. Reason: Clarity