Originally Posted by Bill_N
I have a set of fleece Gore-Tex camo I need to re-waterproof and also a pair a Danner Boots. These are the leather/Cordura nylon combo. I've used sno-seal on the leather portion before but I want to re-treat both leather and fabric now. What do you guys use for this?

Have tried most of the popular waterproofing restoration products on the market. NikWax is what I use. For waterproof/breathable use the wash-in TX-Direct. I should own stock in NikWax.

--If the garment has been washed in regular laundry detergent often it may not "take" the waterproofing regardless of which brand of waterproofing used..

--In other words, ALWAYS wash synthetics in a tech wash meant for synthetics.

--For everyday washing of synthetics I use the Sport Wash by Atsko.

--When it comes time to restore synthetics I use the NikWax Tech Wash. Run this cycle, then another complete cycle for the waterproofing.

--When washing in the waterproofing,, follow the directions, only put 1-2 large garments, or 2-3 small garments in the washer, and do not skimp on the the waterproofing--use plenty of it. Stop the washer halfway into the wash cycle and let the clothes soak for a half hour or more, then continue with the wash cycle.

--I put mine in the dryer for a short time to heat the clothing up because allegedly the heat helps to "activate" the waterproofing. I usually just run the dryer long enough to get the clothes warmed up well then take them out and let air dry.

This applies to all of the NikWax waterproofing products--PolarProof, SoftShell Proof, etc.

Also, the NikWax Base Wash really does "fluff up" synthetic base layers and my Smartwool and synthetic socks better than any of the tech washes I have tried.

When it comes to leather/fabric boots, including ones with a Gore Tex lining, I've never found anything that waterproofs the fabric effectively. Maybe for a day at best.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.