Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I've had nothing but great service from Doug personally, he took care of a problem that really wasn't even his fault.

If you look at the ops history this kind of thing seems to happen a bit..........Hmm.

Paul, I too, have had great service from Doug on several occasions, including a couple of times when things were on short notice, he went out of his way to make sure things got to me in time to meet my schedule. I have been thrilled with the quality of stuff they carry as well as their service. I have recommended them on many occasions.

I've made several orders and received them quickly as well.

Unfortunately, I guess I might as well air my complaints as well since this thread is a perfect place (safe space?) for sniveling.

A bunch of years ago I ordered and received a nice moderately priced binocular.....solid and sturdy. It even held up to some deep sub-zero temps. Unfortunately the crappy thing bounced however. It was also a sinker. Consequently when it bounced out of the unzipped bag on my snowmachine while traversing the deep powder of an uphill slope, that piece of junk flipped out of the bag while I wasn't looking and landed in waste deep powder, undoubtedly sinking to terra firma somewhere along a 200 yard stretch. I looked, but the sneaky thing didn't even make a track. I didn't even bother to call Doug, Where can a guy get good customer service these days????

Some time later I ordered a cheaper pair of Minolta binocs for the cabin....grab and go type glass, the kind of glass you don't mind losing...which is why you never do. Well, these were no good either. Yeah, they worked just fine for awhile. My single-digit-aged boys could pick them up, use them readily, set them down somewhere, and they never got lost. But then one time we stalked a bear downhill through 3/4 miles of some of the deepest tundra tussocks one would care to negotiate on foot. Those young guys were great, but half-way back up the hill, we had to stop to rest. Those damned glasses got lazy and refused to follow when we started again.

I reckon both of those lazy, good-for-nothing binoculars are still out there somewhere, probably bitching like some of the ner-do-wells who post here.

Doug.......or somebody....really ought to up their game. Sheesh! grin

Since you made this post we sent guys out to AK looking for those 2 binoculars and found them, so if you'd like to buy them back please let me know smile

Doug, will there be a deep discount on those...........................like a negative balance on my account towards the purchase of my next item? I'm all for it and will take both if that's the case.

Otherwise................sell them to a birder to use on the refuge there on the west end of the Island.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?