Originally Posted by MT_DD_FAN
Originally Posted by 30338
SNIP
I got my pup from WY, Vom Heuerhaus in Cheyenne. Not sure which kennel Nimrod is using. Where is your dog from? Got pics?

30338-
I bet you got a nice pup from Mark Heuer. IIRC, Nimrod got his pup from Lee Root in Omak, WA (Vom Okanogan-Flusstal Drahthaars). BTW, I just got my HZP test packet tonight from Lee and he told me that he still had one pup, a nice looking male left from the same litter as Nimrod's pup.

Good luck on the HZP. I overdid the tracking training on my guy and needed to focus more on the duck search. He has forgiven me though and we have moved on. They really get bored I think if you are inexperienced like I was and over do something. If I looked at the test results correctly, Bane at 9 months and 27 days was the youngest dog last year to pass HZP. He didn't score very high but like I said, he had me for a trainer.

One thing I have seen repeatedly in the last 3 years is how consistent the litters are. I was 3rd pick for a male and I know one of the ones I didn't pick has turned into a superstar. I think the breed standards are so high that regardless of 1st or 5th pick, these pups are winners. Spend time with them and you will be richly rewarded. I am going to wait 2-3 more years and I'll add a second behind Bane. At that point, I'd hate to be a thing in a field we are hunting lol.