Thanks to your heads up post I ordered a 3-9x40 on 8/29 and it came today.

There was a free shipping code on the webpage so I paid $159 shipped.

Upon inspecting the scope some things I will echo. Fairly stiff power ring, Turret adjustments lack a "tactical click" but not like a friction type either. For a scope that probably won't be used as a twister they operate OK for me. Brightness numbers will be hard to read in low light conditions but the adjustments unlike the turrets are very positive and intuitive to use and will not be a problem.

I'm not at all sure why you think the turret number dials are not reset-able, there is easy to follow instructions in the enclosed user guide to accomplish this. (not a zero stop). There is a notch at 180' from the 0 mark, you use a tip of some sort to engage the notch (I used the end of a paper clip) and without turning the adjustment knob rotate the number dial to the desired setting with the tool.

One thing that did surprise me when I first looked into the scope to check out the reticle was a fairly substantial black dot right where the illuminated one would be. This was before I even but a battery in. I would call this a German 3P #4 with a Dot. The thin section is a bit wider than I expected and actually does not extend quite all the way to the dot, like it is suspended.

Overall I am happy with the scope especially for the price and I think I will clamp it on my Marlin .22 mag turkey rifle.