Originally Posted by GSSP
An email I received from Alliant just a week or so back.

"Alliant Reloading
Fri, Aug 31, 8:07 AM (9 days ago)

Alan,
Alliant makes three temp stable propellants. These are AR-Comp, Reloder-16 and Reloder-23. There is another we call temp constant and that is Reloder-26.
The first three are full on temp stable propellants by their chemistry. This means that a load worked up at one temp will have relatively constant velocities across temperature regimes.
The Reloder-26 has slightly different chemistry from the three temp stable propellants but differs from the rest of the Reloder series. This makes it a temp “constant” product. Because of its chemistry, we can’t call it temp stable. But word from the field that in most instances this propellant wants to behave very much like a temp stable product. But, we can’t call it such and there have been a few instances where it has not behaved like a temp stable propellant.
All of the other Reloder series of propellants and the Power Pro series are not temp stable. Finally, all of the Reloder series propellants (with the exception of Reloder-17) have de-coppering agents in their composition. AR-Comp is in the Reloder series of our propellants.
Thanks,"

That is great info, thanks - I'm currently weighing up R16 v R26 for my 6.5 Creed and this is likely to tip things in favour of R16 - I'll happily give up a bit of velocity for consistency.

Last edited by DG1969; 09/09/18.