Originally Posted by jdollar
Unless you want to use a bullet that sheds weight like dog in spring, forget the Nosler....

Those 2 buffs I shot last month in South Africa died. The 1st was about 40 yards quartering to me. Shot was just inside the front shoulder thru the heart and out the off shoulder bullet was not found. That bull was dead on it's feet he went about 30 yards before he piled up. 2nd bull was shot at 75 yards--high shoulder shot. Bullet broke the left front leg, thru the top of the lungs, thru the off shoulder and end up just under the hide. Bullet was recovered. I got it somewhere here. Typical nolser partition result. Front half gone back half intact. Both the PH & trackers didn't understand why the buff didn't pile up. We had to track & finish him. They can go pretty good & far on 3 legs with no lungs to speak of.

My load was 375 Ruger. 81 grains of IMR 4350, Nolser 300 grain partition.& Winchester Mag Primer.

I used the same load on some plains game also. All were 1 shot kills. A female kudu was the largest taken.

Last edited by colorado bob; 09/15/18.