FWIW:

When it became apparent I was going to be hunting public land for the forseeable future, I decided to invest in a crossbow to give me more time in the woods, and that before the deer all get run off to safe zones. Didn't want something that required a bunch of periodic maintenance like most compounds, so I went for an Excalibur. Anything that needs doing, I can do myself. Bought a Matrix Bulldog 380, in an upgraded package featuring their better scope. Had it together in minutes. So far, every shot I've taken, even before I adjusted the scope, would have skewered a deer. I've checked the zero out to 50 yards, probably farther than I'll ever get a shot at. The broadheads I picked shoot to the same spot as field points up to 30 yards so far; more testing to follow. I bought the special crank for my bow so I could practice without ruining my back. Cost me a bit, but it's quality kit. Another edge for Excaliburs is that they can be decocked.

Not saying there aren't better bows, or ones just as good for less money, but this thing is a slam-dunk for easy, accurate, and reliable. All told, including extra bolts, string, broadheads, two targets, and crank, I'm in it for $1500-$1600, and I expect it will last as long as I need it to.

What fresh Hell is this?