Originally Posted by bcraig
I am interested in comments from those who actually use or have used this scope for hunting purposes.

How do you like it ?
Any issues with it holding Zero?
Any issues with use in low light,30 minutes before sunrise and 30 minutes after sundown in hunting conditions?

Obviously I am asking about this scope only and not interested in scope comparisons.

I Have heard that the VX1 is essentially the same as the older Vari X II.
Is that correct?

Thanks
Craig

The VX-1 was the same as the VX-II.

Although I have a VX-1, 3-9x40, I actually haven't used it hunting nor compared it to my VX-2.

But I also have latest production VX-1 and VX-2, 2-7x33's and have compared them a number of times in various conditions. Their is not much difference in their performance. Bright light in the open, dusk looking towards and away from the sun, standing in bright light looking into dark timber, I can see fine with both. Yes, I can sometimes tell a small difference, but most of the time not enough to MAKE a difference when it comes time to shoot something. I thought the VX-1 were a fantastic bang for the buck. If one can get past the industrial look of the VX-Freedoms and their shorter mounting distance, they offer as good or better value, IMHO.

I've had VX-II's or VX-1's on my son's 243 since he started hunting, and he has killed his critters under a variety of light conditions running the gamut without complaint. Of course, I concede he does have young eyes............

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.