WPA - the 17 FB is actually one of the few LH SPS fireball actions that Remington made. When I got it, the owner had punched the original FB barrel out to 17 Remington. It shot really well but was too heavy for what I wanted to use it for so I found another 17FB factory barrel in a sporter contour and had my smith screw it on. The ejector is located differently on these actions to help keep the brass on the bolt long enough to eject correctly. Something I didn't know when I bought the action but I'm glad I have it now. I stripped the stock on this one and removed the white spacers. I think it came out pretty good.
[Linked Image]

25aught6, That swift is kind of a frankin'gun. The barrel is a NOS Midway 1/14 SS 223 barrel I got off Ebay that I had punched out to a swift. I think I paid $60 for it. the action, bolt, stock and trigger all came from different sources. I had to open the barrel channel up quite a bit on this one and had it cerokoted in a gloss black. When I was a kid in high school and Remington first came out with these in a varmint setup I wanted one bad but we all know they never made a LH version. Now that I'm a little older I decided to make my own.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.