Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Gene,

With the shambles the DOJ and intelligence agencies are in, as well as the sanctuary cities/states only following what laws they want to follow, and the selective prosecution of some, and obvious non prosecution of others, the Constitution, and rule of law our country is founded and based on is in crisis.

When people pick and choose which laws they follow, who draws the line on which laws are followed and enforced?

That's the problem. It affects all of us.

Barry, I’ve never said it wasn’t a problem. Of course it is and it’s a problem for all of us.

Rather than focus on the problem, I’ve learned to seek out what, or who, is preventing a solution. In this instance, it is US, the whole of the citizenry, who is preventing a solution.

About half of US elected a POTUS who promised to solve the problem of “ Rule by Bureaucrat”....... some even expected him to do it. The other half is not a monolithic bloc, they are made up of disparate groups, some of which would like to see the Swamp drained, but not ALL of the Swamp.

Reagan fired the Air Traffic Controllers, using the authority of the Presidency, and the country survived, but that is one small segment of the Federal Bureaucracy . I think Trump is smart enough to see that firing Agency Heads would not solve the problem. He would have to wipe out the whole organizational chart for all the alphabet agencies. The result would be chaos on a grand scale.

The R establishment is not going to allow him to solve his immediate problem by firing Sessions, Rosenstein, and Wray if they don’t promptly declassify the documents. They see it as a wedge issue working in their favor for the mid terms.

Those who keep talking about the Constitution and the finer points of Constitutional Law are missing the point....... it is a political problem and will only respond to a political solution.

The political will is not there yet. It will take a mid term landslide for the R side for that political will to emerge.

If the Republicans gain in the Senate and hold the house, and IF Trump were content with one term, he could bring about some big changes in the Bureaucracy over the next two years.

You can’t make sweeping changes that will be unpopular with half your constituency if your reelection is a consideration.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place