The new Sako 85's have a bit different action to the 75's..a semi controlled feeding feature....also a new 'look'.

The 70'- 80's rifles will shoot MOA and are justifyably famous for their accuracy, as are the others. With modern rifles its a berreta 'selling point' but previously its why Sako is known in the first place, for thier accuracy.

Any of these rifles will shoot better than you need them to, will function flawlessly and are better made than most factory rifles...buy the one you like...personally I like the older models, but then most of my rifles are 'older'...I guess if I had the money i would buy a Sako 85, but theres nothing wrong with the older Finnbears and if you can get one with a excellent condition barrel, then you have saved some money and got yourself some Finnish elegance...be aware, the older Sako's are heavy rifles...all Sako's are generally. Even the 75 Finnlight is a heavy rifle for a "light' model....

Last edited by CarlsenHighway; 03/17/07.

"A person that carries a cat home by the tail will receive information that will always be useful to him." Mark Twain