Originally Posted by szihn
Wife Anna got her buck on Friday.
30-06 I made for her on a Mauser. Shot was a bit far back but put the speed-goat down. It moved about 15 yards after the hit. She used a 165 grain Hornady Inner Lock bullet which shoots very well in her Mauser. 2825 FPS load with 4350 powder. I substitute a 165 InnerBond for elk and leave the zero alone. Both loads shoot to the same point of impact right at 1 MOA for accuracy, and that set of ballistics covers every mission she want to tackle from coyotes to moose.

She did this all herself. I was not with her when she fired. Killed, dragged, gutted, skinned and field butchered it all herself. She's learning and learning fast. She does well. 7 years ago she didn't even own a gun, not she is a dedicated hunter and has several rifles, a shotguna dn several handguns.
Coming form a "liberal" up-bringing, she has sure made a lot of progress. Very right-wing on most issues now. Funny how facts and truth can open people's eyes and those that don't see the truth are only that way because they refuse to see the truth, Not because it's hard to see. It's hard to miss, but some of the most evil ones will try as hard as they need to.

[Linked Image]Picture0922180833_1 by Steve Zihn, on Flickr

So now I have 5 days to work in my shop before my friends get here and I go with them after more antelope, deer and elk. I am Anna also have more tags to fill and I am going to help several friends this year too, so I should be busy for the next 6 weeks or so.

OUTSTANDING! Congratulations

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.