Hunted all yesterday in the rain, saw small bucks and doe, 9 deer in all, but nothing I wanted to burn a tag on, had a great time nonetheless.

One word of caution, many of you may do so anyway, but, I always carry a sidearm when bowhunting, this area has black bear and hogs on it, bud showed me a trail cam pic of a mama black bear with 3 cubs earlier in the year, hogs on cam too, not to mention the possibility of two legged idiots, I was walking out of the hell-hole at dusk, off to my left I saw a white pit bull laying in the pine needles staring at me not 20 yards off my trail, no collar and a strange look on his face.

I chunked my new bow on the ground and yanked the glock 45 off my belt, he stood up with tail raised, didn't move, we had a stare down for a minute or two, I never said a word to him, he turned to walk the other way, when I couldn't see him any longer I picked my bow up and moved off in the direction I had been headed, damn near walking backwards checking my back trail, also looked to be flanked from either direction, I couldn't imagine trying to fight a surprise pit bull attack in the woods with everything wet, no gun, and a strained right knee to boot, I would not have been my best. smile

Be careful out there men.

Trump Won!