I start hunting in mid September. I just keep a small freezer in the garage with a bunch of blue ice packs frozen. I have a few large coolers with extra thick walls in the garage. I shoot bambi and hang it in the garage to skin right away. Once skinned the hide goes in a garbage bag and then into the freezer. The deer gets stripped inside an hour and layered into the cooler with the blue ice packs. If it's hot, the next day I swap blue ice packs and layers of meat into the next cooler. After the first day the blue ice packs usually last two days. I butcher at my leisure, and the meat stays at perfect aging temp.

Done like this with it all ready before hand, the only problem is that you might sweat a little waiting for Bambi to come by for inspection. The rest is not much different than if it's cool outside.. Here where it can be, and not infrequently is, well below zero, the cold temps are really a lot bigger problem. If it's cold you have to get the hide off them immediately. If you don't, it becomes a much harder and much more uncomfortable job in as little as 8 hours. Along with that, you do not get any benefit from aging when they are frozen. Also, depending on how full the house fridge is, I may just take the gallon zip-lock full of grind meat and the pork shoulder and drop them into the cooler until I am ready to grind it. After having meat in a cooler, it's a snap to spray it out with a garden hose and then let it dry out as opposed to a garage fridge. The big foam coolers are easy to come by for free, and they are better than the Yetis.