Whelenman, it is a bit like that comparison except Ford and Chevy and Dodge all cost about the same. I might prefer having two Dodges to one Chevy - ya know>?. The plain truth staring me in the face is, as much as I like the VX3, it is getting harder and harder FOR ME to justify paying for the Leupold premium. The last few 'cheaper' scopes I looked at have impressed me. One a Nikon and now this Burris. Still need to test durability but my last Burris is now my oldest scope and still rockin' strong with more rounds through it than any other. The E1 power ring stiffness is something I would hope loosens up over time but is certainly no show stopper. My older eyes can't read the magnification numbers easily but I know where the bottom and top end are and dial to view anyway. I was going to say it is too bad I couldn't find a Leupold anywhere near the price range with this reticle as the reticle itself is what I was looking for. It isn't even shown on the Burris website- or wasn't when I looked- so I was floored when I saw the ad. If it had been available in a 1" VX-R or even a VX2 I would have been interested BUT those would have still cost more than this Burris and it would be a tall order for them to match the glass.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius