Originally Posted by Bill Poole
I like the look of a silver scope with silver rings on a silver (stainless) hunting rifle. I don't so much like the look of a blue/black/matte scope on a stainless rifle.

what happened?

Leupold no longer seems to make them for rifles, Only few Nikons left at the mail order places.

I see a few handgun scopes, but not rifle scopes.

there are lots and lots of stainless rifles out there, stainless on plastic, stainless on wood....but not much choice in scopes to go with them.

Poole

They very seldom matched, and with all the coatings out now, its tought to get the colors to look right. In my opinion, the silver scopes looked very cheap. I had the same thought as you and always tried to get stainless( read as silver) scopes to go with my stainless guns. I have several Leupold Vari-X IIc in silver and I cant stand them. I dont know why they are different than the same scope in black, but they seem to be. I have learned to like black rings and scopes on stainless guns. It looks fine if the stock is black synthetic. Might not look as good with a wood and stainless set up.