Originally Posted by Seafire
Quit using Fram after I dissected one that had been used for 5,000 miles...

Dissect a NAPA Gold after 10K of use, and you'd be impressed....

Both show a major difference in Quality after they have been used....

A NAPA Gold's media will still be in good shape at 10K, where as a Fram's media is falling apart at 3K....

Seafire,

which Fram did you dissect? Local store has three -four different "levels" with differing amounts of filter material..........if you can believe their packaging?

I used Fram for many years, mostly the mid to higher range filter.

Last few years I was using Bosche, but couldn't find them at Wally's when I went shopping this past week. When I send in my oil (Mobile 1) for testing it has been "normal" with 5-7000 miles per change on engines with over 200K miles.

Since no Bosche, this time I went with the K&N oil filters. I've used them for years as my air cleaner elements. Figured I'd give the oil filters a try too. I like the idea of the nut too.

No tractors here folks, pick up and passenger cars............Toyotas of course!

Where I worked until retirement last year it was Napa/Wix for the Cummins and Cat filters for the Cats. No oil related failures that I can recall on 28 motors, used for pumping water (+/- 5000 gpm ) , steady RPM/load , for the 7 or so years I worked there.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?