First joined Nov 22. Went to MP school as an E-nothing. Spent 13 years in the Mississippi Army National Guard in various roles making it to E-6. Went inactive while working on my Master's. Was subsequently discharged without my knowledge. Got direct commissioned into the Air Force Reserve in 2001 because the Guard didn't know how to get me back in (no [bleep]- that's what they told me). Since I was an Army guy I HATED the Air Force. Transferred to the Tennessee National Guard when I moved in 2002. In 2008 I there was a perfect storm of events occurring causing to me to decide to resign my commission. Basically 1- I was not going to give up a job making 3 times the national average for my career field, and 2- I didn't want to serve under Obama Bin Ladin. Speed forward about 8 years. 45 is in office and it's time to get back in. After recruiters jacking around for 2 years I was finally able to get back into the National Guard over the last 2 months. They felt a little pity on me so they gave me O-4. Gonna ride it another 10 years since I just hit 50. Should be able to make O-6 if I play my cards right.

At one with the gun.