Originally Posted by The_Yetti
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by Dinny
David P. visited us after our medical PSG lost his leg and was evac'd. Apparently we were the most highly decorated medical platoon in the entire division at the time. 4x BSMs, 1x BSM w/ V device, 1x SS, 2x ARCOMs w/ V device, 6x PH. My PH paperwork got lost before it was presented (never presented) and I've spent the last 15 years trying to locate it. Finally, earlier this year, I resubmitted all the necessary paperwork and it was disapproved due to my injury not being severe enough.

Very unfortunate situation for the Stryker troops. It was hard enough for a brigade to replace a division. We thought we had it bad...

Thanks, Dinny

I never understood the intent of the Stryker brigades concept of security at road intersections with vehicles and operating outta the airfield and not having a 24/7 presence in the population.
Beginning of the Rumsfeld plan to not live in the population and hunker up on FOB,s I geuss.

Their security left a lot to be desired. Especially when they had a walking suicide bomber get thru at least 3 checkpoints and blow himself in the main chowhall at the airfield.
Our company kept Govener Al Basso Alive for 6 months after he got elected.
That was always a rotating mission for our 3 platoons as his security detachment at city hall.
Couldn't trust the IA,s or Police.....
3 weeks after we left , he got assianated. No one inside the building on his detail .
Stryker vehicles fully manned watching roads outside with their TV camera wpns.
They relied to much on that system.
But it was how they was trained, many of the guys I talked too in the Stryker brigade
Hated their forced dependance from above on electronic,s.
I felt bad for em knowing they was gonna be high payoff targets and not having a presence on the ground 24/7.
Too much chyt happens and gets done when ya dont own your territory.

We went thru the security plan and mission on the ground perimeter and inside building SOP with the Stryker guys for 2 weeks.

Their chain of command blew it off after we left.

You can only do so much....

Was it the sbct out of Ft. Lewis or sbct out Ft Wainwright? I was just leaving Lewis when 3D bde was turning in all there Armor. Trucks coming from Canada loaded with LAV's Uncle Sam leased them so those soldiers could learn to drive them, I guess very similar setup. Anyhow my last days at Lewis they started getting the strykers late 2000. You want to see some pissed Armor officers mention 3d acr and 2d acr becoming sbct.

We were at Lewis around the same time, was my first duty station, left there the summer of 2000.

Was mine as well, I was stuck over in signal hell turning wrenches..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.