See how it shoots first. Take some 0000 steel wool and pumice to the finish then wax it but only buff it lightly.

The 270 Win. is perfection. I like the 270 WSM but it is not a huge step up from the Win. Some loads will do almost 250 fps faster while others are only about 50 fps faster. Add a longer barrel and the gap diminishes even more. A fast twist barrel would be interesting to shoot the 170 & 180 bullets. A longer barrel makes the Winchester a sort of belt less magnum. If I wanted more I would step up to the 270 Weatherby in a 1 - 7 twist barrel at about 26 inches.

The Rem. stock can be re-done nicely. I would see if RJ Renner would be willing to turn it into a proper looking stalking rifle with an antique finish. If the barrel was good I would stop there. I might have a Smith do the trigger as I botched the last trigger job from that era due to soft metal. The trigger Tech is a good hunting trigger as you can pour sand in it and it will still function, not so for a Jewell.

If you really wanted to be a looney you could do a 270 Screedmoor, but then you would have to hi jack every post to tell everyone how great it is.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli