Jk16: I am a user and admirer of the Federal 36 grain H/P bulk pack ammo - I have been using it in SEVERAL of my semi-auto and bolt action 22's on small game and Varmints for many years now.
It is accurate and lethal on said targets - I do on occasion endure a FTF (fail to fire) with this ammo but that is a very minor (trivial) inconvenience.
This past year, alone, I went through eight 550 and 525 bulk packs of the stuff (over 4,400 rounds!) while afield.
The accuracy and performance and the savings on this ammo keeps me using it.
In fact, of recent, I have been buying the 550 bulk packs of this Federal H/P ammo at Wal-Mart for $19.97 a carton!
Thats 3.6 cents a shot!
Your contention is in no way convincing me to quit using this ammo at all.
Maybe you are over sensitive?
I Varminted with at least 30 different Hunters this year on predominantly rimfire safaris/shoots.
About 1 out of 7 or 8 of those "Hunters" when they had a "misfire, fail to feed or fail to fire" with rimfire ammo would literally "go off", themselves - I mean they would become personally incensed on those rather rare occasions when a 22 L.R. round did not perform "perfectly" - I don't know (nor do I care!) if they noticed my laughing at them!
Work the friggin action I would snarl at them and get on with it!
In short I do not expect a bulk offering of 22 L.R. ammo at 3.6 cents a round to be "perfect"!
I do expect that the Federal 36 grain H/P bulk pack ammo to work just as well next season for me as it has for the last MANY seasons.
Anyway I disagree (based on more than 80,000 rounds down the tubes!) that Federal 36 grain bulk pack ammo is [bleep]!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy