I mixed up some Marine Tex with a handful of microballoons, installed the pillar and placed the action back in the stock for another attempt. When the time came to pull the action out I was left with...

[Linked Image]

Success! A nicely bedded recoil lug, solid pillar install and the magazine box actually ended up getting bedded in nicely too. A much needed redemption for the previous days negligence.

With the stock now back in a functional state, I turned to the cosmetics. I finished up the barrel channel reduction and free floated it to the tiny “shank” of the featherweight barrel. I also finished filling the checkering and the recessed area around the front action screw escutcheon.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

With the body work complete, I hit the stock with a coat of woodland brown duracoat followed by matte black and snow grey specks.

[Linked Image]

After finishing the stock, I turned to the metalwork. The factory barrel was cut back to 20”, factory aluminum trigger guard sanded flat, NECG action screw heads ground flat, and everything refinished. I blasted the parts with 80 grit garnet, greased heavily with moly grease and buffed them out with 0000 steel wool. The factory trigger guard got the same treatment but I opted to leave the flats polished to a 400 grit finish.

[Linked Image]