Originally Posted by kkahmann
I suspect there are going to be some very busy defence lawyers,prosecutors,judges and labour experts trying to figure out what impairment actually is.
We—as a society have accepted that .08 millilitres of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood constitutes impaired driving—as determined by a breathalyzer. It’s not so easy with Cannabis.
I remember when the first breathalyzer came out. The results from those things weren’t universally accepted—that took years of studies—educating the public and literally thousands of cases before the courts.
In this locality throughout the 1970’s drink and driving was tolerated—even by the police. Up until about 1980 the only drunk driving charges I heard about involved an accident.
People are nowadays more aware and the penalties are very severe but there are no doubt going to be some bad actors.

Karl,

I have no arrow in this quiver. Other than think they got this very wrong.

We were just discussing this the other day, regarding work places, particularly drivers.

One of my guys said, that the level THC, for being impaired, is/has been set at 5 nanometers. He went on to say, that because the body process/rids itself differently (stored in the body a long time), he could legally smoke a joint on Friday night, but it would still be, not only in his system, but over 5 nanometers on Monday & possibly Tuesday !

YMMV

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"