Originally Posted by BWalker
... In both cases entrance holes couldnt be found with the hide on. The exit on my cow was maybe nickle sized and brothers was about the same.
These bullets are insanley accurate in my 300 wsm and 300 ultra when seated .050 off the lands. The BC's in my guns also seem to be pretty accurate out to 400 yards.

Congrats on the elk.

Have been shooting 175g LRX in my .300WM but no elk this year. Load is very accurate in my rifle as well, out to 600 yards, about .100 off the lands.

Son-in-law used a 165g TTSX in his .300WSM and we couldn't find the entrance either. 4x4 mulie. Front leg bones were shattered, lots of blood in the cavity.

Daughter dropped her mulie with the same .300WSM and 165g TTSX load. Straight down, soup. Entrance was found, perfect placement, tight behind the front leg. The difference was she passed on several big boys and went for a younger 2x2 hoping it would have less chance of testing positive for CWD. We'll see.

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 11/01/18. Reason: added missing info

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.