I bought both my Rigby's from a retired University lecturer (We don't call them professors) who lived in 22 countries, mostly on the continent of Africa, as a mining engineer.

My .275 was purchased in London when he visited the Rigby shop in Pall Mall with the intention of ordering a .30/06 when they offered him a deal on a .275 from a cancelled order. It was in the white, so the stock was made for him and suited me perfectly. The rifle came with a buffalo horn foreend tip, monte carlo stock profile, 1 standing and 2 folding leaves out to 300 yards and also fitted with EAW QR mounts and a Kahles 2-7 scope all factory fitted and ready to go. The rifle was always a touch under MOA and sometimes better than that with the loads I used and I took a range of game in Oz up to Red deer and Brumbies in size and also took it elk hunting in Colorado but lucked out.

The other was a double made in 1912 chambered in .350/400 No 2. That rifle shot Barnes X bullets 3 per barrel into 1 5/8" at 50 yards over the open sights and was easy to regulate loads for. Only one trip to the range and I was done. It also liked Woodleigh's but what rifle doesn't?
John

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.