I knew one gent ( I was 16 then) who had one in 30-06 that only worked right with the 180gr. This was on Texas Hill country deer and he didn't like it that much, most ran a long way after the shot. He tried a Model 100 Winchester in .243, but it was a jammomatic with everything. When I got out of the Army in '73, I bought a new BAR in 7mm Rem Mag. It was too heavy, and jammed regularly. Traded it off. Tnrough the years I watched the hewer ones that friends used (still Beligum made) work swell in .243 and .270, plus one guy had a 300WM. In 2001 I bought an older Beligum model in .270, had it cleaned thoroughly, reblued, etc and it was a gem. I had it until last year when Obammacare Tax Man almost ruined me, sold everything. I did buy an even newer one (Japanese I think) years ago for a friend, in .338WM, that had the side bolt release. ( I ddn't care for that lever at all!) I had the rifle Magnaported, a Decelerator pad added and it works just fine. He wanted a bonafide elk rifle ( he had no money then, I did...then) is very recoil sensitive. Its a kitten. So, as mentioned, in some parts of the country, people revere them...in others they are just one step above a good boat anchor! smile

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 11/04/18.