Originally Posted by Kellywk
I’ve got a Belgium .270 that I inherited about 10 years ago. Was my grandfathers only cf rifle since the late 60s and he would shoot probably 30-50 pigs, coyotes and deer a year with it. I’ve shot it probably 500 rounds since I’ve gotten it. Never had a jam and it’s as accurate as any bolt rifle I’ve ever owned. Other than a pre Garcia sako I think anyone is going to have a hard time finding more vintage rifle for the money they are selling for

If you haven't done so it is time to clean out the gas valve and port. 500 to 600 rounds is where the hand book says they should be cleaned. When I had one years ago I didn't bother reading the book and eventually it started stove piping! I went quite a bit beyond the recommended cleaning point but I wouldn't recommend trying to find out where that point is in your rifle. After mine was cleaned I never had another problem with it. Actually after the first cleaning I made a point of doing it annually. It only takes a few minutes and then you know it should be trouble free.

Jim