Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I used the Lee Collet Dies for many years for my 308/30-06 ammo. I was happy with them for a long time. Eventually I got tired of the occasional FL resize to bump the shoulder back. Also had issues along the way with loose bullet tension.

I've finally put the Lee Collet Dies on the shelf.

My current setup is really working well. It's the Forster Bushing Bump Neck Sizing Die, paired with Redding Competition Shellholder set.

The shellholders allow for precise and consistent shoulder bump to match headspace. The bushings can be swapped out to accommodate thin/thick case necks. Also the bushings can be backed out a bit (half turn or so) to leave the bottom of the neck un-sized and a perfect fit to the neck area of the chamber.

With this setup, only minimal case lubing at the neck/shoulder is needed, I'm using Imperial wax.

I have been asking about the Forster bushing bump neck sizer die around here for well over a year with basically zero replies. It's great to see someone useing these and it's appears there at least in your case working as I suspected. Thanks for your post and I look forward to trying these. I'll also use the Redding competition shellholder set with them when I give it a go. Imperial wax is the only way to go IMO 😁

If you don't mind my asking are you turning the case necks or no? Thanks

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field