I bought mine off eBay from an individual a few months ago and have had nothing but trouble with it. For the record, it was purchased as a used camera. When I received it, it looked brand new.

In short, the image quality is horrendous. Images are, for lack of a better word, appearing unfocused. Slightly fuzzy. This is supposed to be a phenomenal camera and the price reflects that. But in all honesty the pictures look like a 25 year old 1 mp camera. Pictures taken in good light of various subjects, when zoomed up are not sharp at all. They are nothing like what Ken Rockwell shows on his review of the camera.

I attempted to take pics in RAW instead of jpeg and when opening up the files there is nothing there except a message saying the file is not supported. I’m using a Sandisk high speed card so I don’t think that could be the problem.

I shoot a Canon 5D, MK III and was looking forward to using the RX100 to stash in my pack as a lightweight alternative when hunting. That’s not happening with the quality of pictures I’m getting.

Suggestions?

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.