I was playing with the 150 gr. 7MM ABLR in three 7x57 rifles and a .280 Remington. So far, it seems none of these rifles like that bullet. I thought it might be a winner in the 7x57 due to the fact it's not all that much of a speed demon and should give decent results out to about 300 yards.

I was discussing bullets with a guide on an elk hunt about three years ago. I'd hunted with him for about three years and he's a reloader and a bit of a rifle loony as well. He said something to the effect that some of his hunters used ABLR bullets in their magnums and results under 150 yards were such that bullet wounds were very nasty with a lot of shredded meat. He said once shots got out past about 200-250 yards the bullets worked quite well. That was one of the reasons I figured they might work well at the 7x57's lower velocity.

The only AB I've tried is the 165 gr. in my 30-06. I shot one elk with the load doing close to 2900 FPS at the muzzle. The elk was maybe 100 to 110 yards out at the most. Bullet hit at the short ribs and angled out into the left lung. The elk ran about thirty yards and collapsed. Needed a finisher. Bullet not recovered and may have been in the mess that was the left lung.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE