I Hunted from the Paradise Valley south of Livingston and then just a touch east into the mountains at about 6500-7k feet. Over a week my pards and I spotted bighorn sheep, whitetail and mule deer, a wolf, and mountain goats. That’s not to mention elk which were seen almost every day either at dawn or dusk and at various ranges.

My goal was any bull with bon appetit’ in mind. On the second day, a herd moved past us at about a hundred yards with a six-point framed with cows fore and aft. As the bull moved forward between two cedars and the cows separated for a moment allowing a clear view, a 7mm, 140-gr TTSX (a 284 Win, my six-pound mtn rifle) destroyed the spine just above the shoulder. All animals die in their tracks 🙂 but no extra steps were taken here. Despite complete vertebral destruction and the size of the animal (~ 750 lbs) the TTSX exited as has been the case in almost all of my past experiences with this bullet.

I’m very grateful for the opportunity and a safe experience again with a regal bull elk being the bonus.