Thanks for the replies folks.

@RememberBaker no part that I can tell needs to be replaced but recently when I cleaned my Optimal Elite I could not / can not separate the barrel from the stock. When I called CVA they said that it sounds like an issue. I could send it to then but that there are no parts for it and it may be a better option to just replace it. I try to take care of the things I own but replacing my 1 and only muzzle loader once every 10 years is not that big a deal to me.

So another question for both of you. My Optima Elite's barrel is cut to exactly 0.5". I found early on that most projectiles come in at anywhere from .50" to .506". I love the fact it has such tight tolerances but it does make it harder to find a projectile that fits. There are a few like Power Belts or Thor (I think was the brand) with a custom range. I did find a guy out of CO that custom swags for .50".

Are your CVAs all set to .50? What is your favorite projectile? Have you tried the Federal B.O.R locks? How do they fit? How well do they kill?

Thank you again in advance.

HaYen

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can