Originally Posted by woodmaster81
Which "Sweet 16" are you talking about? The original John Browning design or the new abomination under that name? If the former then there aren't many options as the old A-5s tend to run $450-$800 depending on condition, features, and seller. The "new" A-5 is not something I am interested in and have had only a very cursory look at. The only other semi-autos I am familiar with are the Remington Model 11 (a version of the A-5), the Remington 1100, and the Winchester 1400. Other than maybe the 1100 they should run less than a comparable A-5. The Winchester and 1100 were built on 12 ga frames so would be roughly the weight of a 12 ga and the M-11 is virtually indistinguishable from the A-5.

There are mighty few 16 ga O/Us and I can't think of an O/U I would recommend that regularly falls in that price range. I have a Citori that I picked up back in 1987 and there have been a dearth of options other than that. Baikal had one I believe but they were pretty rough. Huglu/CZ might have also had one but I'm not sure. One might find one of these on the used rack but I don't think much of them.

Your buddy's options are pretty limited in 16 ga and are even more limited if restricted to just semiautos and O/Us.

Belgium Sweet 16. Vent Rib, Modified. When you find one under $1,000 please let me know

Thanks

When the tailgate drops the BS stops.