Not nearly as nice or as fancy, but almost as functional. Old 700 BDL 7RM with #2 Shilen, 510 Timney.

Mine didn't like the 129 LRAB as well as the 127 LRX, 120 E-Tips/TTSX's. It'll shoot a little over 2" at 400 with those loads.

I found that U.S 869 was the best performing powder. My current load is 91 gr. with the 127 LRX.

You can pick up WC 872 from Jeff Bartlett, around $50 per 8#'s. It's a Vulcan cannon pull down surplus powder. And IME, it's an exact sub for 869. Same loads, same velocity, same accuracy. Just cheaper. I have 8# jugs of each, use both.

The Z3 Swaro with Sharpie yardage marks on the aluminum discs. Acetone erases them. Cheaper than a dedicated turret.

So, this is a low budget 26 Nosler. BTW, the sticky factory recoil pad was replaced at no cost by Remington. It's made by Limbsaver.

Another thing I did was to shave the bottom of the bolt knob. It bumped my trigger finger on the bench. The 26 Nosler doesn't kick that much, just enough to be a nuisance when the bolt knob hits the trigger finger. Fixed that.

DF

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 11/09/18.