Originally Posted by gunner500
Dang, never seen a mono do that, cant recollect if I've shot em that fast either, the 750 grainer loafing along at 2070 fps from the 577 was plum gentlemanly to the armadillo. smile

Speed is very important. I try to keep velocities within the design window of any bullet used on game.

The monos are said to not have a velocity ceiling, but as I've posted before, very low S.D. monos at hyper velocity don't always perform as well as one would wish.

In this case, it's velocity that determines the amount of energy expended on a critter. Now, the 120 TTSX at Creed speed will kill; at 26 Nos speed it kills with a lot more destruction. I think the main excuse for such velocity is long range. It's hard to justify at the usual WT ranges of around 200 yds, more or less. But, it is fun.

And the poster with 100 gr. Scenar at 4K. Well, that's extreme. I've learned better than shooting WT's with such a combo. 4K exceeds the design window of that bullet by a bunch, like the 90 gr. Scenar out of my.240 mentioned earlier.

Loony stuff, for sure.

But what else would be be ruminating over... grin

DF