Originally Posted by Jeffpg
I borrowed my buddy's 25.06 to shoot my first Aoudad in west Texas. His factory load of choice was pleasing to me, as it was the Hornady Superformance 117 gr SST. I have had extensive and highly successful experience with taking a lot of deer with the SST bullet in 30.06 and 7mm Rem Mag in the past. I shot a big ram broadside at about 80 yards with the 25.06 and my friend who owns the ranch immediately told me to be prepared to shoot again due to the reputation of toughness of the Aoudad. That big ram just kind of staggered in a tight circle and went right down.

I believe a well placed shot will be rewarded every time with your set up.

The deer dropped - it was a well placed shot. It is the last game animal I’ll ever use a SST on though. There’s many other bullets that are much better! I’m a big fan of Interlocks. The only bullet in the same ccaregory as the SST, in my opinion is a Sierra. I hit a doe in the shoulder - shooting a 165 grain Sierra - the bullet didn’t enter the rib cage. I have no time for bullets that perform in that manner.
They would be good for blowing up crows, I guess.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally