Be very careful buying old guns. I bought a Holland and Holland boxlock in the same deal as the Westlake from a dealer in Maryland. Upon receipt, the Westlake was wonderful. The H&H, not so much. I later read that H&H had actually had some of those boxlocks built in Spain. I believe it. I moved that gun, along with the Beesley and a boxlock Zanotti to another dealer along with some cash to buy the Piotti King I. That dealer later called me to say that the barrels on the Beesley were too thin. I had no way to measure them, but offered to unwind the deal. The dealer declined. I saw that Beesley at a later gun show at another dealer's table. He had no clue he'd been beaten like a drum. Used guns can be very difficult to evaluate, and like I said, fraud is rampant. Even among dealers.

I think if you really want a double gun, the Beretta Silver Pigeon I is the way to go. The 686 series is excellent. Take your chances if you like on old, refinished American SxS's at your peril.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope