I've never understood why Remington quit making the LVSF. I have one in 243 and it's one of my best shooting rifles. I wanted one badly when they first came out, just couldn't decide which caliber. I was waffling back and forth between a 22-250 and a 17 Remington. Then Gander Mountain in Paducah KY marked down their remaining one they had in stock, which was a 221 Fireball. I picked it up, with the intention of buying it, then decided I didn't want that caliber. Went home, thought about it some more, especially the price of the rifle, was down that way a week later, and it was gone. I eventually got the 243 from Zanders on another closeout.

I'm of the opinion they were one of the best 700's ever built. I was not a fan of the stock, so I restocked mine and added bottom metal. It still shot every bit as good as it did in the original format. Maybe varmint hunters didn't like the stainless shine, and matte stainless might have gone over better. Whatever the case, I'd sure like to see them bring it back