Originally Posted by cwh2
Remember when they did the special run Mountain Guide rifles? (SS Mountain Rifle contours in TI stocks for... Gander Mountain?) They must have stopped making them because they sold too fast.

I do remember the Mountain Guide. Us to drive by a Gander everyday going to and from work. Didn't stop often because of their higher pricing. I did stop one day to get some licenses. Strolled thru the back of the store where the guns were on display. Notice the Mountain Guide with a "Special Price, Buy Me Now" and asked about it. Turns out the Mountain Guide wasn't fairing to well in this particular area so they had reduced the price. I asked if they had more than just the display gun.. Gun counter guy said they had 3 or 4 in various calibers. I bought them all. To top it off, I forgot to buy the licenses I'd originally stopped for!

Some time after that I traded/sold one in 243 or 308 to a co-worker. The rest remain in the gun safe.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.