To All,

Fwiw, as he is a retired career LEO, my DH has a problem with ANYBODY/EVERYBODY being able to carry firearms of any sort (especially in the central city) as the criminal underclass, who currently carries unlawfully, will do so with impunity & little fear of carrying for unlawful purposes, as it will be DIFFICULT to prove that anybody was carrying for an otherwise unlawful purpose..

As long as there is a requirement to be able to PROVE that a citizen is reasonably law-abiding & able to hit your target at SD range, we don't have a problem with licensed/law-abiding people carrying firearms ANYWHERE.
(LTC licensees in TX have a BETTER record for safety & obeying public laws than the police do, so we both favor licensed persons being FREE to carry everywhere in TX/the USA, including "licensed premises", courthouses, schools. sporting events & EVERYWHERE else too, where sworn police may carry weapons.).

Fyi, I've personally seen any number of "shooters" on ranges completely miss a 4x8 foot sheet of plywood from 3M, with all the ammo from their "SD handgun". - Persons who cannot shoot better than that make me nervous even thinking of them trying to shoot in a crowded public area like across a café dining room.

"Tex" believes that ILLEGAL ALIENS should be ARRESTED/CONVICTED of a felony if caught possessing any dangerous weapon, as they are obviously NOT a law-abiding person. - Illegal Aliens are all LAW-BREAKERS.

We also favor removing the cost of a handgun license but prefer continuing to require DPS background investigations & qualifying with your handgun to carry deadly weapons anywhere off of your own owned/rented/leased premises.

just my/our opinions, DarlaG