Originally Posted by diamondjim
Well, my crapmore came to me via a gift from an uncle. He belongs to his local Legion and he won the gun in a raffle. He decided that I should have it. A Ruger American Predator with a Vortex Crossfire II 4-12x44, I think sits on it. Not a gun I would have purchased, but he is my uncle and he is a vet. I gladly accepted and got it sighted in.

He came down for a visit and we took it out and he was able to fire it a few times. He was a happy camper.

I took the rifle out on Veteran's Day in his honor. I took this buck at about 125 yards, one shot and he made it maybe 30 yards. Remington 140 grain corelokt did the job.
He was the first person I told and texted him a picture and the details. He now can brag to his buddies at the Legion. This rifle will now be with me or my family for many years to come. I will not let this crapmore go.

We took it one step further and had lunch at the local VFW where we hunt as they were serving a turkey dinner. A great day in my book. I was hunting with my my older brother, my oldest son and my nephew.

Here is a picture of the deer:

[Linked Image]

Outstanding! I have killed a lot of Nebraska deer, with my Creed and .260s.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.