These shallow wells always fascinate me. I was in the business for 36 years. The first thing that need to be done it to check local laws. In the west all the water is already spoken for and installing a well where none is allowed is theft of property. Next every state has minimal construction standards. Where I was in business none of these wells described above would meet construction standards and would be immediately ordered plugged and abandoned . We possessed over 2 million dollars worth of equipment to drill through the boulders and bedrocks. This equipment was regularly in need of repair as the drilling conditions are brutal here. After the investment in all that equipment it takes about 5 years to train a driller. Then comes the very technical national licensing process and yearly mandatory continuing educations, along with bonds and insurance. Then I see these types of well being constructed with $40 and used screen door parts and they produce water too. Makes we rethink my life choices. I have always wanted to do a drive point well but they do not meet many state standards. The youtube video above is compelling and I am astounded that there are places that this type of well can be constructed. It is entirely illegal in many states and violates just about every health code I know of, but dang it is cool.