Well, my daughter Kenzi connected on a nice young 8 point last Saturday evening on our next to last day of our firearms season, her first buck and her second deer (she got one a couple of weeks ago with crossbow but that is another story). We put in our sits and almost got a shot previously but no shots fired; she persevered and I got her to go out one last time Saturday afternoon and she said "it was her last". The wind was howling from them to us and he came in at 80 yards. To say this hadn't been an undertaking for 1 man with her disabilities is an understatement; I did learn some things that will make it easier for next fall because she says she wants to go again. She was excited to "fill the freezer" again and I took her to the processor to help tell them what we wanted (she froze up under pressure). I wish I could attach videos of pre-and post-shot to hear her excitement but if there is a way I don't know how to do it.

I haven't hunted much the past few years due to our situation but it looks like now I've got my daughter wanting to go so I will be able to help her reach her dreams which will take care of my dreams also. Just remember, you can do a world of good getting a youth or someone outdoors that otherwise might not get out there!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by tulsaburnside; 12/06/18. Reason: Added video

NRA Life Member
RMEF, QDMA