I own (from back in 70's) a TC 50 Hawkin, built from a kit, a factory-built TC .45 Seneca, plus another Cabelas .45, Hawkin type, Italian made, I think - also kit built - given to me some years later as a completed rifle. All have 45 (48?) twist barrels - bad idea! What the heck were they thinking? Me - I didn't know any better then, but they should have.

6" group, across the bench at 100 is a good group with any of them, whether round ball or maxi-types. And trust me, I've tried durn near everything, including glass bedding. Fun to shoot, but lousy in the way of accuracy. I have carried the .50 moose (big target!) hunting a few times without luck, but my CO brother (who has had it for 20 years or so) has taken one deer with it at under 50 yards. All in all, I 'm not that big a fan of TC.....

If I was a serious BP hunter, I might consider re-barreling the .50 with a proper twist for maxis, but probably would not, except as a hobby. I certainly would never again buy anything with a compromise twist!

Inline (of which I own 0,) would be a better way to go for a hunting rifle, if allowed.

If I ever did buy another BP Hawkin style, it would be a .54. Always liked the looks of the Renegade. Well, I like the looks of my currently owned TC's too, but looks aren't much of anything for downing meat.

Last edited by las; 12/06/18.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.