Well, on a cold Wednesday evening the day before Thanksgiving in Illinois, my daughter Kenzi harvested her first deer, a great doe to "fill the freezer" as she says! She hunted with the Holy Pursuit's Dream Foundation (www.holypursuitsdreamfoundation.com), who provides hunting or fishing trips for children with life threatening illnesses. She hunted for 2 1/2 days, getting up at 4:15 each morning and hunting the morning and going back out in the afternoon; she shot her doe during the last 30 minutes of the hunt. To say that they do unbelievable work for these kids is an understatement! The accommodations, hunt, equipment, and experience are beyond reproach; they have a track chair that Kenzi was able to use to get to the blind and she activated the trigger on a crossbow to fire by sucking on an air activated hose actuator. We stayed at Holy Pursuit Outfitters (if you are a deer hunter and haven't heard about the bucks their clients are harvesting, where have you been) and it was all top notch. Thank you to Holy Pursuits Dream Foundation and if you are looking for an organization to become involved with, check this one out!

As a father, I can't quite fully explain the emotions, getting to be with and see your child, who you thought could never achieve something like this, gets to do something that they have wanted to do. The picture of me kissing my daughter, a picture that was taken in the moment, has such an impact on me each time I see it. It brings back a flood of emotions, from seeing her persevere during the cold and staying after it, seeing her determination to follow through with what we had talked about during the fall, and seeing the raw emotion of her success made this hunt the greatest hunt that I have been a part of.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[[Linked Image]

Last edited by tulsaburnside; 12/06/18. Reason: Fixing YouTube video

NRA Life Member
RMEF, QDMA