Originally Posted by whitearrow
ok fellas so I'm,santa, is getting my almost 8yo son a CZ-455 scout for Christmas and I'm looking for a decent scope.
I really don't wanna spend that kinda coin for his first scope.
I do want the trad ret of a crosshair to teach him and not the busy ret that seems to be popular these days.
I'd rather teach the mechanics of trigger pull and breathing vs iron sights if push comes to shove.

Cherry-picking these parts of your query makes me think of a straight 4x rimfire scope. I've used a Nikon ProStaff 4x32 Rimfire and a Vortex Crossfire that were both extremely good, and both right at $100 at the time. For all I know, they might have been the same scope, with different badges on them. They were clear, sharp, and bright, with a simple duplex - WORLDS better than any blister pack 4x scopes, but not costing an arm or a leg, either.

For an 8-ish year old, keeping the scope simple might leave nothing else to concentrate on but trigger prrrrressssssss and breathing. What's more, crosshairs don't wiggle as much at 4x as they do at higher magnification. wink

Just a thunk.

Originally Posted by whitearrow
out of the couple scope I've narrowed to what say y'all?

Hey, I'm not the first to totally disregard this part of your post... laugh

Be sure to let us know what you end up deciding on. And post a pic of the kid's face when he opens his present!

FC

Last edited by Folically_Challenged; 12/07/18.

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC