I have never stayed in a Holiday Inn Express, but I have used the Hornady 200 SP's on a bunch (6-8) of deer. They WHACK them. If what you want to do, is keep <bleep> simple and kill deer with a .358, look no further.

I switched to the 225 NPT for my own reasons (I.E., not because the 200's weren't working great) and got interesting results. I killed about a half-dozen deer with them; the last two were virtually identical 3x3's hit virtually identically through the lungs at about 35 yards. Plus a forkie last year also through the lungs. Anyway, point being, a 225 NPT at .358 speeds makes a very "polite" hole through deer lungs; no jellying, minimal bruising, just a big hole. I have pics of the lungs if anyone is curious. I also "caught" a 225 NPT in a spike buck. It was a quartering away shot at about 20 yards and skidded along the spine.

I'm hoping the 200 NAB is the best of both worlds. With the boat-tail and plastic tip getting enough powder in the case while staying with 2.82" COAL restraints is a bit of a pain. I had to trickle the powder (RL7) while tapping the case to settle it as I trickled.

Finally.... howdy JB! smile Been a while.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 12/09/18.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!