Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I have one of the B-78's from the 1970's - octagon barrel in .25-06. When I got it the half cock notch did not work, so I laboriously took it apart, fiddled and fought with it and eventually got it back together with the half cock notch working, and it has a decent trigger.

That was 30 years ago and I don't recall exactly what I did, but it may have involved shortening the coil mainsprings, which makes it a lot easier to stab the spring struts back in their holes. Or I may be thinking of a Miroku Low Wall I owned later on. blush

Mine is phenomenally accurate. Once I fixed a loose front scope base, it proved to be superbly accurate; no problem at all to put 3 in a 1/2" or less at 100 yards. Another member has a rifle identical to mine, and he's won money with it smile

So despite the lawyer-proof triggers, they are really good rifles, and worth some trouble. I think Lee Shaver used to sell trigger fixtures and instructions for the Miroku single shots; if he still does, that would be a good investment.

Seeing this comment about the mainsprings reminded me of the time I spent three evenings trying to get those bast*rds back into position after the first time I detail stripped the thing for cleaning. Thank god I wrote down the solution to the puzzle after I finally got it back together. What a maroon!

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty